Friday, August 26, 2011

Sometimes it is sureal


My brother's death was so much different than our mom's. Our mom was
an invalid for 2 1/2 years after a series of strokes, and she was
bedridden for the last 6 months.

When at the end she had trouble catching her breath, it was still a
week before she died. The hospice nurse thought she would die in
a few hours, but she hung on for over a week.

With my brother it was so different. He would have been confined to his
bed (which would have been horrible), but he only had to suffer for about 14
hours being stuck in bed. He went so fast.

The difference between being alive and being dead is just one breath.
The next breath just doesn't come.

I guess, just the opposite of when we are born. It's that first breath
that makes us alive. That swat on the bottom to get us to fill our lungs
with air.

One of the things my brother said to me was "If you are born, you die".

We never think about this. We never want to think about this.

At least I don't.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home