Monday, August 15, 2011

I have fought the good fight

My sister asked for a bible verse for the funeral folder. She is in charge
of making them.

She offered to do it. I think she has always viewed her role as the one
to handle funeral arrangement and the service planning. I know she is a
bit hurt that I have taken over this duty for M's service, but that is
just too bad. The service will be done the way I think M would want,
and if my sister does it, it would be the way she wants it.

Anyway, this is the bible verse I came up with.



2 Timothy 4:7-8
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing. (NIV)




I think it's appropriate. Several weeks before M died he said to me, more than
once "I just want to go to heaven".

And now he is there.

Of course, we all want to know what happens when we die. That has been
the question for all the ages.

It's nice to not be scared of dying. M said to me "if you are born, you die".

We must all remember this.

And live our lives accordingly.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home