Monday, August 1, 2011

Update

G has an appointment on Wed. with his primary care Dr. I think he has viral pneumonia...we shall see if I am correct.

As for M, we will change hospice agencies this week. But, M says he would like to go to heaven, and I asked him if I am doing a disservice to him by keeping him alive, and he said yes.

So, in a few weeks he may decide to discontinue care. If this is really what he wants to do, I can't disagree. He is not happy, knows he will never get back to what he was like. The new Dr. and hospice agency will give him more of the diuretic to reduce the swelling, but I don't really know how much difference it will make.
He has no interest in anything. Only today did he eat half a sandwich, as he has only been eating ice cream and drinking juice the last week or so.

He is like our Dad, if he can't be doing something, he is not happy. And, if one can choose to go as one wishes, maybe that's not so bad.

I just don't know how I can handle the end. But, perhaps the hospice people can help with that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home