Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Aspirin is a miracle drug

Monday evening M was so swollen, he had fluid build up into his neck and head, even one eye was almost swollen shut.

I decided that giving him aspirin couldn't make him any worse.

When my Mother had edema in her right arm about a month before she died,
I gave her 2 full strength aspirin every night, which kept the swelling
down, completely. I don't even know why I tried it, other than Mom
said if she couldn't sleep she would take a couple of aspirin, so
I figured it couldn't hurt. The results were staggering.

So once again, when it looks as if all hope is lost, I go for the
aspirin. And, once again, I am shocked that it is working.

Anyway, Monday night I decide to give M 2 full strength aspirin.
Tuesday morning he gets up and says he wants something to eat,
and when I ask "what?" to my surprise he says "how about some
scrambled eggs?". Remember, he had been eating only liquids for
4 days.

So yesterday he ate solid foods, had a good b/m, and the color of
his urine has changed from dark (indicating a problem wit the liver)
to normal color. This is the first time I have seen it a normal
color since he began collecting it, even before he went into
the hospital.

I don't know what happened. Maybe there was a blockage that the
aspirin cleared out. Maybe the aspirin had an affect on his heart.
I am giving him 4 full strength aspirin a day.

So far it appears to have taken him from the brink of death. I don't know
if he will start recovering, or only be stable at the point he is.

We shall see.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home