Monday, July 4, 2011

Settling In

Things are calming down.

M was able to use his bedside commode on his own this morning. He ate breakfast, and the home health came about 10:30, got him into the tub, on a shower chair, and gave him a shower/bath, and even trimmed his hair.

This afternoon I could tell he was getting bored, so I went to the basement and brought up some of my Mother's old photo albums and I found a scrap book I don't think we ever really saw before she died. So M is enjoying looking through those.

He also wanted pencils, a high lighter, and I suggested candy, so went to the store to get those.

M says he has a pain in his chest, so I gave him 2 aspirin, and later he said he still had it, so I gave him a little bit of morphine. The nurse loaded up a bunch of syringes with a low dose of morphine, so I don't have to try and figure out the dose.

I just took his blood pressure, which is 80 over 65, but his pulse is 107, so his heart is racing. Of course, his heart is probably working harder because it's not working well. I suggested M try to do some deep breathing, and offered to put on some music. I don't know what else to do, and he is not really in a lot pain.

G had dialysis today. He came back around 3:00, ate a lot of the pot roast dinner, strawberries and sugar free cool whip. He says he has lost weight, which he needed to, but very seldom does he lose his appetite.

Except for cooking, dishes, and answering call buttons, I am staying inside taking it easy. It was to hit 101 today.

I might even try to read a book.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home