Saturday, June 11, 2011

G is OK, but my family is not

For those of you who want news of G, he is doing OK. He is walking better, his balance is better. He goes next week to have a CT scan done to see if the blockage in his neck has cleared any.

But for my family, wow, what a mess.

I am one of 5 children. In the last 4 weeks 3 of my siblings have had heart issues.

My brother who is 57 had a heart attack 2 nights ago, taken by ambulance. They did a heart cath which showed only 25 % blockage, which really is not enough to cause a heart attack. I think it was stress related, and I think he has the same problem as our mother did, which is a rare condition, a chemical problem.

My younger sister was officially diagnosed with the same condition, neurocardiogenic syncope. Her cardiologist didn't believe her, until she almost passed out during a stress test. She also has blockages but in the small veins, which they say cannot be treated. She is scheduled for gall bladder surgery on Monday, but until then, her cardiologist told to take a nitro tablet every day.

And my brother who is 62 has an irregular heartbeat. He has been retaining water, and I went with him on Wed. to see the cardiologist, who double the lasix, and set him up for an echocardiogram.

The big problem is there no cure, or not even really a treatment for the condition which my Mother had, and which appears to be hereditary.


And, I am sure I have it also. But, I have always had it, so I think it's just normal. Normal to faint at the sight of blood, or needles...but I have learned to know when I might faint, so I just lay down. That's all you can do. Lay down so the blood goes to your head.

At least we know.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home