Friday, June 3, 2011

G Fell -- Not Hurt Much

Well, so much for that "good balance".

G was in the bathroom 2 nights ago, standing at the sink getting ready to attempt to shave (well, actually just use the clippers to trim his whiskers...he doesn't often actually shave).

I was in the kitchen on the phone, and I heard a racket. I ran in, to see him on the floor in the bathroom. I told my friend with whom I was speaking on the phone, "gotta go, will call you back, G fell".

G was sitting on the floor next to the toilet. He said "I didn't hit my head", which is of course the most cause for concern when one is on blood thinners.

He managed to get his feet under him, and stand up quite easily with my help. He skinned up his left elbow, and a large scratch on his back. I put bandages on both.

The next day a large bruise started appearing on his back.

Well, he was getting a little too sure of himself...and being a little more independent that I was comfortable with, so it was good that this happened when I was at home. And, now he will not complain so much when I insist on being around, and worrying about him.

He always says "I'll be OK".

Of course, this is what he was saying just before I dropped him off at the hospital...and 3 days later had emergency by-pass!

Anyway, he used the wheelchair for a day, saying his balance was a bit off (LOL), but last night started walking again.

He also has exercises he is suppose to be doing. PT gave him a sheet yesterday with various exercises, but suggested he not do them on days he has dialysis.

So we will start on that program tomorrow.

It's my job. Much better than going to a real one.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home