Friday, May 20, 2011

Things are looking up!

G and I spent the entire day at the VA yesterday. He had about 6 appointments.

It appears the Plavix is working to clear out some blockages. He is scheduled for a CT scan with contrast on June 15 to confirm.

Appears the surgery site for the fistula is doing OK. He will will see the surgeon again to take out some more staples.

The renal Dr. says he needs more protein..he eats a lot of red meat and eggs, but he hasn't been eating dairy products, which, I know is a the best source or protein (from an old biology class), so I ordered a Pizza, and he drank some milk.

So, I think he is out of the woods. His dialysis catheter is doing well, so as long as it holds out for the next 5 weeks, I think he will be OK.

After the appointment with the rental Dr., she said to G "she does a good job" (meaning me)... which G agreed to. Although I know he hates to be dependent on me, well, such is life.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home