Friday, July 8, 2011

Each Day Gets Better

M continues to improve. Today he is even walking around without his walker.

We are trying to get a 220 outlet to work. I bought a window a/c for the front room, but found out too late it was a 220, as it is for both a/c and heat.

M use to do electrical stuff. In fact, he wired in 2 new outlets for me in March, climbing up into the attic and everything, at the same time as he was starting to have heart problems. As I mentioned before, he just doesn't listen to his body, and with his mania and OCD, he just can't not do something he has his mind set on.

And now, getting this 220 outlet to work is like that. Just now he said he wanted to go into the basement to look at the wiring. I told him no, he couldn't. The look on his face was one of confusion and maybe hurt. This is what concerns me about him living by himself, his judgement is very poor.

But, he is getting more independent. I set up a coffee maker in his bedroom, along with a small cooler so in the morning he can get his own breakfast.

And my brother R is back in town to help out. That takes a lot of stress off of me.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home