Sunday, July 31, 2011

Where to start?

So much going on.

G is home. Finally.. Too many fights with Drs. to mention.
He will now have to go out of the VA system to get the surgery he needs for
a working fistula. Will have to sign up for Medicare part B which should not
be a problem, as well as some supplemental insurance.
G probably has a sinus infection, but the Dr. at the VA would not treat it, and leaves it up to his primary care Dr. which he will see ASAP.

M has an appointment on Monday with a primary care Dr. I made many phone calls the other day, and found out the hospice agency we are using will not take off fluids
under hospice care, but other agencies will, so either we will change to a different hospice agency, or take him off of hospice long enough to get a shunt put in to reciculate the fluids, which is what they did for my husband, when he had liver failure, due to colon cancer which went to the liver.

Anyway, I am glad G is home. He is sleeping which is what he needs. Not sure why medical staff does not understand the need for sleep..

I am doing OK. Not sure how, but just that this is my job, and I always had stressful jobs, so this is really not so bad.

My brother R is here until tomorrow, then back on Wed. He and M assembled some chairs I ordered, plus some other things. M enjoyed having something to do.

It's a crazy house, but guess we will all survive.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home