Saturday, August 6, 2011

Update on M

Where to begin.

We changed hospice agencies. M's primary care Dr. is increasing the diuretics to give some relief, which is one reason we changed hospice agencies, the Dr. at the other agency would not do that.

M threw up yesterday after eating a sandwich and some soup. I mean really threw up.

*** (don't read below if you are squeamish)

So I thought his digestive track was messed up, as he had diarrhea before, and now was constipated, so I gave him an enema. It didn't really have any immediate effect, but apparently about 4 in the morning it did. He managed to take care of it himself, because I had told him I didn't want my sleep disturbed.


It's so frustrating, because I tell him to not ring me unless it's really important, but then he doesn't ring me when he does really need help. Oh well, I think him being as independent as he can be is a good thing for him and me.

His swelling is worse. It's really horrible. But, I don't know of other options.
Since we don't believe in euthanasia, I guess this is the best we can do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home