Friday, August 26, 2011

Reading old posts

I started reading old posts in this blog. I really had to laugh when
I read this one, because "Earl" was actually my brother "M"

Mom thinks she can drive
A few months after my mom's stroke, she thought maybe she would be able to drive the car again.

I told her I didn't think it would be very safe, for her, or the other people on the road.

Her retort was "I can probably drive as good as Earl*" (one of my brothers), who is a very bad driver.

I laughed, as I could not dispute this statement.


*name changed to protect the guilty


When I start feeling bad about M dying so young, I have to remind myself it
is a miracle he lived so long.

He was a horrible driver. One time he rolled a car because he was changing
the radio station. He was on a dirt road, must have looked down, went onto
the soft shoulder or sand and ended up rolling the car.

When he was 14 he stepped off a railroad bridge (that's another long story)
Cracked 3 vertebrae, came only a few feet from a pile of rocks which would
have killed him.

Apparently had a car fall on him when he was working underneath it. Neighbors
pulled it off of him.

And who knows what else. He never considered the consequences of his action
to his health and well being.

So, in hindsight, making it to 62 was a miracle.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home