Tuesday, April 12, 2011

G is home

Finally, G got home about 5:15 today.

I had stopped by the nurses station this afternoon when G was at dialysis, to ask if they could get all of his meds picked up for him so he could go as soon as he got back from dialysis, which I said would be somewhere between 3:45 and 4:30.

He was actually back a little later, because his transport was late.

I got over to the nursing unit about 4:00, and started loading up everything. G had cleaned out his dresser today or last night, so there wasn't too much to be done. I had taken some things home the previous evening.

Guy from orthopedics came by to measure G for shoes. Then he went to the nurses station to wait for the nurse to check him out.

There wasn't too much confusion, they had to print out his schedule of appointments.

Wheelchair ramp will take a little getting use to. There is a threshold plate to get into the house, but on the other side of the threshold there is quite a drop, so we might need to do something there.

My brother was over installing the grab bars in the bathroom for me. Good thing I have some help, as the VA gave us the grab bars, but no mentioned of how one would get them installed.

What do people do who do not have resources of help?

I fixed steaks, and we ate dinner outside on the front porch. Weather is lovely.

G was very tired. I think he is just getting worse, but maybe in the next few days he will be feeling better.

I have a feeling all the blockages are taking a toll on his heart, as I notice him breathing heavily quite often.

He really isn't making anymore progress. But, at least he can still walk short distances, and there is a lot to be said for that.

Tomorrow's another day.

He will have dialysis tomorrow (he missed Monday due to the surgery). The VA transport should come for him around 10:15. I'll try to call around 9:00 to make sure they have the correct address, etc.

It's good to have G home, but it is so sad knowing he won't ever get back to the way he was.

I think even he now realizes this.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home