Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Always a battle

I went on-line this morning and ordered a transport chair. 75.00 all inclusive.

The medical supply place we went to yesterday wanted 279.00 for the transport chair. This is probably how much they get when you have a prescription from a Dr., and Medicare pays for it. And we wonder why Medicare costs so much LOL.

Last evening before we went out the nurses were reviewing the meds he should take at 5:00 PM. On their list they had a med, which I knew he got at dialysis. I told them this, they phoned the dialysis center and confirmed he received it there. I have no idea how it got on his med list, and of course, what would have happened if I had not been there to intervene?

They had instructions to hold the blood thinner, as his blood was too thin.

This evening "G" and I went out to see a movie, "Black Swan". He started dozing off, I did not like the movie, so we left after an hour.

As he was walking to the car, I saw blood dripping, and realized he had a nose bleed. Which, is a sure sign his blood is too thin.

We got back to the facility...nurses busy because computers not working.

This evening "G" told me he doesn't want me to say anything to anyone about what he needs. This is a continuation of the problem with him being combative... we had some other problems..
Anyway, he will see his Psychiatrist on Thursday, and hopefully he will do something with the meds to improve the mood problem.

I guess the Speech Therapist (who is great) called the Dr. this morning about the mood problems, and a Psychiatrist showed up to talk with "G", but it's not his usual Dr., so I suspect he wouldn't talk with him. Never did get to the bottom of what happened.

As to my house, the inspector did not show up today, so we might be a day behind schedule. But the contractor is great, and he is also doing the wheelchair ramp, so think it will be done by the middle of next week if not sooner.

I can't bring "G" home soon anyway. I don't have all of his meds here, and it really is best if he can be close to where he gets his P/T and speech. They have released him from O/T.

As I said before the "care plan" meeting is tomorrow, but my gut tells me it will be postponed. "G" said 2 people showed up this morning to take him to the care plan meeting, and he had to tell them it was tomorrow.

He is taking his calendar everywhere with him, so at least that is good.

Gives him some control, and as he has lost so much control over his life, every little bit helps.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home