Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The back story, Part 3

So when "G" got to the emergency room, the nurses and Drs. said "anyone who looked at this could tell it (the incision) was infected.

And yet, one nurse at the nursing home dared to say "when I looked at it it wasn't infected". Liar. Either she never looked at it, or didn't know what she was looking at.

So, another week in the hospital, IV Vancomiacin, and then back to the nursing home on a Monday evening.

They moved him much faster than I expected so I wasn't there.

He called me on the phone, to ask me to come. They did not take him back to the room he had before a(they were to hold his room for 30 days), and none of his stuff was in the room.

When I got there he was sitting in a chair, no walker around, no wheelchair.

Then the Director of the nursing home came in and started yelling at him that him was on the wrong side of the room. He started complaining that none of his stuff was there, and then tried to get up and walk without a walker or anything. I am trying to tell him not to walk, he is a fall risk.

But the director is yelling at him that he is in the wrong place (but yet, he was told that was his bed). So, he started scooting his chair, and she is yelling at him to not scoot the chair as it will scratch the floor. And then he got verbally abusive, and she said "If you don't stop this you will have to leave this facility tonight".... and he continues, and she goes out to the nurses station and calls the cops.

I go out to the nurses station and ask them to call the Dr. ( who thankfully was still there). The cops arrive, "G" doesn't want to talk to them. I talk to them, try to get them to back off, and thankfully the Dr. arrives.

He talks with "G" and I, listens to all concerns, says he was informed "G" had arrived the week before on a Friday and left on Monday (a lie), but anyway, the Dr. was great, stepped out into the hall to tell the cops they could leave.

And, we have not seen the director since.

I hear she was out doing "training".

I guess training people how to call the cops.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home