Saturday, March 26, 2011

It's Days Like This

So, Thursday night I picked up my b/f to go out to eat. We had a nice dinner, and then he wanted to go to Olive Garden for espresso.

I dropped him off at the front door, he insisted walking in by himself with his walker, which he accomplished very well. We had our espresso, but as we were getting ready to leave, I realized I couldn't find my keys.

Long story short, I had left the keys in the car, with the car running. Guess I was just a little stressed out.

He called for AT& T roadside, which he has had for a number of years, but when he got hold of them. they said he didn't have that coverage. Well, my fault, because a couple of months ago I convinced him to change the plan so we would get Internet at my house, and he probably lost the coverage then.

Luckily I had AAA, but it wasn't a very pleasant experience.

Darn it all, even after his stroke and everything, he is still smarter than me.

Well, we got through it.

And now I will carry his set of keys with me also.

Funny thing, when I repeated this story to one of the guys at the nursing home, who is missing one leg, one side paralyzed, I said " I have never done this before", and he replied "but you just did!".

Smart ass Vet

Gotta love them.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home