Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Here I Go Again

I haven't posted in a long time.

I realized I never really finished writing about my boyfriend's Mother, who died last year.

Now I have to write about my boyfriend.

He had a stroke. It happened when they were putting in a stent to clear a blocked artery.

He is at the VA in what they call the Transitional Living Center (TLC), which was formerly called the Nursing Home.

From there he gets transported out for dialysis 3 times a week, and they take him next door to the Physical Therapy room for physical therapy (p/t), occupational therapy (o/t) and I guess Speech Therapy, which is just called speech therapy.
(I guess s/t would be mistaken for shit, especially if you had a speech problem!).

Every day is a new adventure.

He has lots of health problems, but yesterday I saw on a print out that he has a diagnosis of sickle cell anemia, which I never saw before. If this is true, it would explain why he has had a lot of his problems.
At the moment the worse problem is continual blockages all through his neck area.
It blocks off the blood supply to his head.
Not good. His head will die.

They put him on blood thinners, but it's not really clearing out the blockages.

So, I will again start doing some investigation. Who made this diagnosis?
What is being done to treat it?

It's a really good thing I am not working at a full time job, because this care giving thing has become my full time job, again.

Later

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home