Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Patient Advocate Helped!

Finally some good news to report.

At 4:45 this afternoon when I went to pick up my b/f to go out to eat, he showed me a card with the list of his appointments for p/t and o/t for the next 2 or 3 weeks.

So, I guess the Patient Advocate has at least accomplished that much.

Soon I will get my b/f to meet the Patient Advocate, and hopefully he can explain to her the problems he is having.

At least that will give him some empowerment, as I know he hates relying on me.

And, we are already seeing other patients in the nursing home feeling a bit more empowered.

My b/f's roommate heard my b/f refusing to have his blood sugar taken (his blood sugar is pretty much under control). He let's them take it at night, but not 3 times a day.
And so, he heard his roommate refuse to have his blood sugar taken (as his is pretty much under control also).

That is the one thing they know how to do in the nursing home, take blood sugar and dispense insulin.

So we have made some progress.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home