Sunday, April 3, 2011

Days Like This, I don't Need

I am almost too tired to write, but will try.

Long story short, I found out that "G" has not been taking a med which is prescirbed for neuropathy pain. He says he is not having any pain, but this is something new, and I think it happened after last week, when I think he had another stroke. So, maybe some nerve cells got killed. Who knows.

Anyway, the med is prescribed for neuropathy, but is also a seisure med. At one point they found out that sometimes taking too much Zoloft induces mania, so to counter this they prescribed a med which was actually for seizures. I think this new med replaced it, but when they gave it to him 2 times a day when we were in Phoenix, it induced hallucinations. He found that if he took it about every 3 days, it worked on his neuropathy. So, he got them to prescribe it on a PRN (as requested). And, he has not requested it for the last week.

On Friday, they called the police because he asked why the transport people (to take him to dialysis) had to take him 1/2 earlier than when the VA people took him. He phoned me about 10:15 (he should be at dialysis by 10:45), so I drove to the
VA, picked him up, took him to dialysis.

The "stupid" nurse did not have the Vancomiacin ready to go with him, so I went back later to pick it up (that's another story)

Anyway, tonight I asked the nurse to put in a note for the Dr. at the nursing unit, as also his Psychitrist (whom he is to see next week), with a note that I am concerned he is manic.

The reason I think he is manic is because he got very upset with me today, claimed In didn't want to talk to him (I could not understand him on the phone), was upset that I had hired the neighbor to build the raised garden bed he kept insisting "he" could built, or that "I" could build. (yea, like if I had a full day and some help). He also thinks he can dig up the grass in the corner and move the dirt to the raised bed. Well, he did conceed that I might have to push the wheel barrow.

I could not convince him to ask for the med which is PRN, so I fear tomorrow morning won't go well. I aksed the nurse to pass along that it would be best to call the Psychiatrist before someone calls the police, but I am sure that fell on deaf ears.

"G" said the nurse would ask the transport company to come later tomorrow, but this is the same nurse who said he would do things he never did, so I don't hold out much hope for it.

Well, tomorrow's another day. Hopefully the Dr. will get his meds adjusted.

If not, the cops will be there again, and I guess I will be taking "G" to dialysis.

"G" expects so much of me. He wants me to do everything he can't do, and sometimes it's just a bit overwhelming.

However, we kissed and made up. We had a good talk. I cried. Not so much for me, but I have found that men are suckers for a crying woman. Too bad I didn't learn this before. I don't cry much, but maybe I will start! LOL

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home