Thursday, March 31, 2011

The "Good Dr." has some affect

It seems that after the meeting with the "Good Dr. " yesterday, she phoned the TLC to speak with the director.

Not really sure what happened, but at least the care has improved.

I have a feeling (after overhearing a conversation at patient records), that someone has asked for records of all of the Dr. orders at TLC. I am guessing, to see what orders have not been followed.

And, I delivered to the secretary of the Director of the facility ( well, she was on a conference call, but someone in the next office gave her the report), detailing the history of all (well most) of what has happened. I have great faith in secretaries, as they are great facilitators, but we shall see.

At least I feel that I have done something. I started out in my report all the positive things the VA has done, and ended with the comment that I want to help improve the care.

There are a few good people at the VA. The speach therapist has been amazing, doing much more than her realm, even offering to find out about transport options.

I am not giving up. It's just not in my DNA.

The work continues on my front porch. Not going as smoothly as one would hope, but that's the way it goes with remodelling.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home