Monday, April 11, 2011

Catheter replaced

Finally after 4 hours in the surgery room, they decided to put a catheter in the groin area.

It certainly is not optimal, but we will have to do our best to keep it from getting infected, etc.

G is still slated to come home tomorrow. I gave him the list of things which need to get done by the staff before he comes home. The social worker came by and said wheelchair transport was arranged, but then she had to finish the process with billing information etc., so actually it's not completely arranged.

One of the things on "the list" was to make sure we get the phone number of the transport company, in case they don't show up.

Wheelchair ramp installed as of 2:00 PM It takes up half the front yard, much bigger than I thought. But, I am planning to put up a new fence, so maybe the new fence will be taller than the old one. I don't know city codes, so will have to check.

Now I must get to working in the garden. There is no way G needs to be around dirt now, so I have to get all this stuff done so he doesn't fret so much. I know how difficult it is when you want something done, but can't do it yourself.

Oh, and the fistula might actually work. G told me if the fistula doesn't work, then he is a goner, which might be true.

So every day is precious.

Later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home