Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Discharge Plans

To continue what was discussed during the care plan, I asked what I should do if "G" falls.
There wasn't much offered, but to call the fire department.

As mentioned, "G" had asked the p/t to practice heling him get up, but she said this was only for outpatients. Whomever was representing p/t said "Well, you have 2 more days, so they can show you then".

It's all just insane.

I also asked about getting transport for his dialyis, appts., etc. I know from past experience if I try to do it all, it's jsut exhausting. At leasst the social worker said she would try to coordinate with the social worker at dialysis for transport.....but then she did say "but didn't you take him one day".

I also asked about any help they could offer, day care, home health care, nothing was offered. So then I said " so you are telling me I can leave him by himself?"
"What if fallls". To which, "G" replied, "it's as if I were here, no one would respond".
Which sadly, is true.

I know what I need, I just wanted to see what they would offer.

Of course, they want us out of there as soon as possible, because we are trouble.

Well, it's good to know we are going.

Tonight "G" came to the house, we put some potting soil on the top of the other stuff I had put on the raised bed, went to the store to get some seeds, so tomorrow we will be planting some herbs.

Problem is, the Dr. says "G" should not be digging in dirt, dut to high risk of infection. I asked him to tell this to "G" because he won't listen to me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home