Friday, October 16, 2009

Now I know why Mom likes winter

My Mother has been battling allergies the last couple of weeks. I guess it's ragweed season.

I have finally started giving her generic benadryl. It dries her up so she doesn't cough, but it also makes her sleep.

Although I hate giving it to her, I think it's better than some of the medicine hospice provided.

Maybe in a couple of weeks we will have a hard freeze, and she won't have the allergy problem.

She also isn't eating much. And, I am hesitant to try and get her to eat more, because then she throws up.

She is getting really skinny.

But, she is not in pain, and is still talking, and eating ice chips.

I can at least rest assured she is getting better care than she would in a nursing home.

Every morning I just wonder if she will be alive. But, she always is.

She is one tough cookie.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home