Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mom got hurt

Last week my "crazy brother" came to take care of our Mom.

He went into her bedroom to set her up, came out and said that Mom was bleeding.
Said, I must have done it, as he hadn't touched her.

Ha. What a lie.

But, I didn't say anything. The skin was laid back on her right arm. Luckily, I have been through this before, and new exactly what to do.

That is, take a swab, dip it in antibiotic ointment, pull the skin back over the gash, and then put a "non stick" piece on it, and then wrap it with gauze to hold it in place.

Over the next few days I kept checking on it, and it was sticking to the "non-stick" stuff. So I just took gauze, dabbed off the blood, so a scab could form. Then I left it open to air.

That is, until my brother is around. Then I wrap it up, and took a piece of foam and wrapped it around her arm so he couldn't do anymore damage.

At this rate, I will be wrapping her entirely in foam when he is around. LOL

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home