Monday, September 28, 2009

Reading to Mom

Well, my brother finally got in last night about 8:30.

My Mother was awake. I had let her sleep most of the day, with the hope that she would be able to be awake when he was here.

She didn't say anything, but was awake, and alert.

I suggested he read out loud some of the things she had written.

One thing was a story about a painting she had done. The other was her travel log on her first trip overseas.

I left, as I thought they should have some time alone. I don't think my brother really thought about the need to do this.

I am sure after our Mom dies he will be glad he had that time together.

The nurse comes in about an hour.

My Mom says she isn't hungry this morning, so we shall see. Maybe in a couple of hours she will want something to eat.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home