Sunday, September 20, 2009

Living Without Regrets

One of my "life lessons" has been to live without regrets.

I guess I came to this conclusion when my husband was dying. He died from colon cancer at the age of 52.

When it was obvious he would not make it, I asked him if there was anything he wanted to do, any place he wanted to go. He said no, the only thing he wanted to do was ski (as in snow ski).

I thought it was quite remarkable.

And thus, I have tried to live my life the same. Doing what I want and/or feel compelled to do.

My Mom has had an up and down week.

Today she slept a lot, but ate quite hardily on corn on the cob, fried fish, and an ice cream sundae with cashew nuts and M & M's. But then, she went back to sleep right away.

Maybe she will die soon. Maybe not. Either way, I have taken very good care of her, and I have no regrets.

No regrets. I have been the good daughter.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home