Saturday, September 12, 2009

Am I a Pollyanna?

I had a long chat with my Mother's "Sunday School" teacher. Well, I guess now they are calling them small group leaders.

I don't recall what I said, I guess it was something like "well, I could have it worse, I could have to get up at 7:00 AM, dress and go to a job I hated".

To which she replied "that's a bit Pollyannish".

That's not a word one hears often, although I was pretty sure of it's meaning. But, just to confirm, I looked it up, which is

a person characterized by irrepressible optimism and a tendency to find good in everything


There are other definitions which are even less flattering.

I don't know. I have been in that situation of getting up every morning going to a job I didn't enjoy and which was totally stressful. Granted, this is more than a 5 day a week job, but I do get quite a bit of time off. And, I have a very nice understanding boyfriend, who comes over to visit, and is always willing to go out when I can get time off.

I know when my Mother was in a nursing home, I spent a lot of time running over there a couple of times a day, and was always frustrated with the care she received.

So, this is really less stressful.

Now, if I could find a really good care facility, well, it might be a different story.

More on that later.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home