Friday, September 4, 2009

Mom is feeding herself

Dinner tonight is fried catfish, fried okra, and garden tomatoes with salt and pepper.

This was the menu we decided on this afternoon when the home health aide was here. I always try to have a conversation with my Mom when the aide is here, so she can see how my Mom reacts.

Not that my Mom talks, but when I went through the options for dinner; polish sausage, pizza, fried catfish.... she got a big grin when I hit fried okra.

I guess because Mom has been contemplating this wonderful meal for a few hours, when it was served to her she started feeding herself. This is something she hasn't done in quite a while. She even managed to stab a piece of catfish and drag it through the tartar sauce.

So here I sit. The proud daughter... watching my Mom feed herself.

Life in reverse.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home