Sunday, August 30, 2009

Butterflies for Funerals

Apparently one of the latest trends is to release butterflies at funerals.

Here is a link for "Funeral Butterflies".

I have mixed feelings about this. The ad says they will refund your money if the butterflies do not arrive "alive and on-time".

When I first started organic gardening, I decided to order lady bugs by mail order.

Problem was, the mail carrier put the box between the screen door and the wooden entry door, and by the time I found them they were all dead. It was hot and they basically died from, heat stroke, or whatever happens to bugs.

I always felt really horrible about this, and never ordered any more bugs. I learned to plant things which would naturally encourage beneficial insects and butterflies to thrive.

So, I think maybe planting a butterfly bush in memory of a loved one might be better for the long term survival of the butterflies.

Furthermore, having dead butterflies arrive for the funeral, well.... I might find the humor in that, but most folks won't.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home