Monday, September 28, 2009

Mom ate lunch

This morning Mom was really tired. I changed her diaper - she had a large b/m, but not diarrhea. I gave her some ice chips, but she didn't say "water", as she often does in the morning. She didn't even open her eyes as I fed her ice chips. I asked her if she wanted breakfast. She shook her head no.

When the nurse came, about an hour later, Mom kept her eyes closed, although she appeared to know what was going on.

Mom's respiration is at 97%, which is quite good and better than last week when it was 93%, her lungs are clear. I asked the nurse not to take Mom's blood pressure, as she really hates it. And, really, what's the point, other than to fill in that blank on the paperwork.

The nurse asked to speak with me in the other room. I told her that if Mom didn't want to eat, I wasn't going to force her too. And, if she didn't eat, I wasn't going to give her pills. What's the point. Just more misery.

The nurse said whatever I want to do is fine. If Mom has anxiety due to oxygen deprivation, the nurse said they could provide CO2. I declined as Mom never liked those things in her nose, or a mask over her face, when she was in the hospital.

The nurse said there is anti-anxiety medicine in the kit, which would help if Mom has problems breathing.

About 3 hours later I asked Mom if she wanted something to eat. She shook her head no, until I asked, "what about corn on the cob?". Suddenly, her eyes lite up. I asked her "is that a yes?", and got her to shake her head.

So, we are off and running again.

Lunch= corn on the cob, macaroni and cheese, garden fresh tomato.

And, the pills. I called the nurse to get one of the prescriptions refilled. I was down to just tomorrow's dose.

But, no dinner, and no nighttime pills.

Just ice chips.

And, unfortunately, more diarrhea.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home