Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Ice cream

Well, Mom is doing much better. Yesterday she ate corn on the cob, cheese enchilada, and then I asked her if she wanted various fruits, or ice cream. She said "ice cream".

She stayed awake until my brother came around 8:30. I had him phone our Aunt, and had him put Mom on the phone with her. My Mom doesn't really talk, but will say "hi", and "yes".

Today, my Mom wanted to eat breakfast.

I have invited some of her friends over for Sunday dinner.

She seems pleased.

Life goes on.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Dutiful Daughter said...

What a series of ups and downs! I know it’s difficult not knowing what to expect each day. You are great to be there for whatever comes your way. As my fellow-caregiver cousin and I tell each other, “You’re a saint!” “No, YOU’RE a saint!” (Back and forth a few times, just for fun.)

October 1, 2009 at 8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home