Friday, October 16, 2009

Another Stroke

I guess my Mom had another stroke last Tuesday.

She threw up after the home health aide and I washed her hair. We had bought an inflatable basin designed to allow one to wash a persons hair in bed. I didn't think we had to tilt her head back to wash it, but maybe we do, a little.

Anyway, after her hair was washed she threw up. Not a whole lot, but then, I don't think there was a whole lot to throw up.

Then, later that day she seemed to have recovered, so I was trying to get some food in her.

The "granny sitter" had come at 2:00, so I had her finish up feeding Mom lunch.
I was in the bathroom, when she came in and said "she is throwing up". Sure enough, I went into the bedroom and Mom was barfing up everything she had eaten.

I use the term "barfing", because one time my Mom said "I think I'm going to barf". I thought it was pretty funny, because she is 85. I don't know if that is a current slang term or not.

Anyway, generally when she throws up it is a symptom of having a stroke.

I haven't noticed anything specific, but she certainly has lost weight. Not keeping food down is not going to help with that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home