Monday, July 27, 2009

How to treat a large pimple/boil

I had noticed a bump on my Mom's neck, but I thought it was just a bulge from a blood vessel.

However, about 4 days ago I realized it was a pimple, or a boil.

I have never dealt with a boil before, I so don't really know how to tell the difference.

Long story short, it got ugly.

I lanced it, but it didn't really drain. So finally I called the Hospice Nurse on
Saturday.

She said to put warm packs on it, and hopefully it would pull out the infection

It did a little, but not totally.

So, today the nurse was here, and she said to put a small part of vinegar with water on a gauze pad, heated (I put it in the microwave for 15 seconds), and do that 2 times in the morning and 2 times in the afternoon.

Well, it helped some, but it still isn't cleared up.

So I keep putting hot gauze pads on it with anti-biotic cream, and I keep disinfecting everything.

I feel so bad.

I can't fix it.

I know it's really uncomfortable.

The other thing the nurse suggested was to give her ibuprofen.

It's just horrible.

I wish I could fix it, but so far I can't.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home