Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I hate doing this.

There, I said it.

I hate doing this.

I did not plan to be my Mother's caretaker. I remember more than 2 years ago when I agreed to take care of her....take her out of the nursing home. My Mother so desperately wanted to go home. How could I say no?

I told myself it would be 6 months, then Mom would improve and be back to her old self.

Then I told myself it would only be 2 years.... surely I could manage this for 2 years.

Now I am into my 3rd year. It's more than I told myself I would do.

Whenever I start feeling sorry for myself, I just think of what others are going through.

Like my home health aide. A single mother with 4 children ages 4-11.

My life's not so bad!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home