Thursday, July 2, 2009

Apple pie without the cheese....

...is like a kiss without the squeeze.


My Mother likes cheese on her apple pie.

I did not know this until I started taking care of her.

I don't recall her putting cheese on her pie, but then I was probably too busy stuffing my face to notice.

Apparently, she picked up this liking when she was in college. She did housework for a couple while going to school, and they enjoyed cheese on apple pie. She also learned that saying from them.

Despite all the things my Mother can't remember, she still can complete the phrase when I say....

apple pie without the cheese.....

she replies "is like a kiss without the squeeze".

And, she can still eat the apple pie and cheese.

Makes one appreciate the simple things in life.

Apple pie

Cheese

Being able to eat.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home