Thursday, June 4, 2009

Unprofessional Social Worker

This morning about 8:00 AM the phone rang.

If it wasn't for the fact I am taking care of mom, and realize the call is most likely for her, I would not have got out of bed to answer the phone.

It was the social worker from the hospice agency.

She said she was planning to visit me today to talk about respite care. That the nurse had mentioned I planned to take some time off this summer.

Well, this was all news to me. I am not really sure why the nurse thought this. I am a bit concerned she thinks I need time off....

I told the social worker "no, I don't have any plans, but....if you want to tell me what's available I would certainly listen".

She replied that only if I knew for sure I was taking time off that she could then put some things together for me. To be honest I am not sure she will come up with much more than I have on my own in the past, but I would have given her a chance.

However, that was until she made this comment....in closing she said to me, "Have you found me a baby boy?"

I kind of chuckled, because I wasn't really sure what she meant by this. Then she repeated it to me, as if I hadn't heard what she said.

I think I said "what do you mean", and she said something like "did you find me a boy?".

I can only assume she was asking me if I had found her a boyfriend.

I found this totally inappropriate and unprofessional. I have met this woman only once, and spoke with her on the phone maybe 2 times.

I think I might say something to the hospice nurse when I see her, but I can't decide.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home