Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Discovery on Memorial Day

We had a very nice Memorial Day. The weather was nice so I could barbecue, and myself and two of my siblings spent several hours at different time in Mom's bedroom, just talking and telling stories.

I had a "honey do" list of things to be done, one of which was to reinstall the shower doors in my Mom's bathroom. I removed them when we got a handicapped shower chair which extended into the bathroom for easy transfer.

The doors were stored in the very back of a hall closet.

My brother, to whom I assigned this task, started removing things from the closet to get to the doors. Of course, my mother has every closet and storage place in this house full, having downsized seven years ago from a house more than twice this size.

As my brother was removing things, he let out a cry of "I don't believe this!".

Much to his surprise, and every else (except our Mom), there was a large brown portfolio containing all of the architectural drawings he had done in High School and College.

As he is now 62 years old, these were of course, all hand drawn.

He was quite delighted and surprised by the find, pointing out they had survived not just 1, but 2 house moves by our mom.

I guess she knew how much he would enjoy finding them, presumably after her death, because she never mentioned to him she had kept them.

When he told her he was surprised to have found his old drawings, she just smiled.

She knew she did good.

What a good mom.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home