Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Visitors

My mother attended Church faithfully. She went to Sunday School, Sunday Morning service, Sunday Evening service, and Wednesday evening service. Basically, whenever the doors were open, my mother was there.

After her stroke, there were 3 things she desperately wanted to do again.

1) Go to Sunday School
2) Go to water aerobics
3) Drive the car

Well, we managed 1 & 2, but I wouldn't let her attempt to drive the car again.

Anyway, her Sunday School group was her social network. She has known most of these people for 40 years or more.

I had invited them to the house for lunch not long after Mom was home after her stroke.

And, up until last fall, she saw them almost every week at Church.

Now that winter is over, I have decided to invite them again. It will probably be in a couple of weeks.

I asked my mom if she would still be "perky" in a couple of weeks, so as to enjoy some visitors.

She said, oh so wisely, "I don't know".

At least it's something for her to look forward to.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home