Saturday, May 9, 2009

Things NOT to ask mom

The New York Times has an article entitled "Questions We Should All Ask Mom".

This was number 4.


Which one of us kids did you like the best?


Are these people flippin' nuts!!!!

Why on earth would you put your mother on the spot like that. Mother's are not suppose to have a favorite child (although they normally do), and everyone pretty much knows which child is the favorite without it being spoken.

Those favorite children are the ones who were the least trouble, and who maybe accomplished something.

These days the favorite child is the one who doesn't need money.

My mother was always very good about not showing favoritism amongst her children. It must have been really hard because I have some siblings I would rather not admit being related to.

However, after my mom had her stroke she told me some stories which help me understand.

But, that's for another blog post.

Read the NY Times article. The other points are valid, as well as the commentary, especially regarding what gifts NOT to get mom on Mother's Day.






Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home