Thursday, May 7, 2009

No respite today!

I hire a couple of different teenage girls to come stay with my mom. Well, actually my mom's money pays for them.

Thank goodness she has money.

I don't pay them much - about the same they would make babysitting. But it's a pretty easy gig.
All they have to do is feed mom, and change the TV.

In the beginning I asked them to vacuum, load the dishwasher, fold clothes, but here lately I haven't asked, and they haven't offered.

We have all been doing this 2 years now, and I think we have all hit burn out.

But, they are teenagers. They are much more interested in texting, or watching TV, or reading.

Today one of them called in sick. It doesn't cause me too much trouble as I didn't make any specific plans.

So, I think I will be lazy. Sit on my butt. Watch TV, read, play on the computer..... be a teenager.

The laundry, dishes and vacuuming can wait.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home