Saturday, May 2, 2009

On taking naps

Since my eye started twitching I realized I must find ways to relax.

One is to take naps.

I am not a nap taker. However, I am finding that if I lay down for half and hour, even if I don't sleep, I feel better.

Thinking about taking naps reminded me of when I was a young child of around 3 or 4. My mother insisted I lay down to take a nap, but I insisted I wasn't tired. She instructed me to "lay down anyway, you will fall asleep".

Much to my shock and quite frankly dismay, I did fall asleep. I remember thinking when I woke up "rats, mom was right!".

Over the years I have had to say that many many times. But by now, I leave out "rats", and usually just say "wow, mom was right".

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home