Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mom quit coughing (and not because she died)

My mom had a cough this last week. I thought it was allergies, so I gave her allergy pills, which helped for 3 days. Then it started again, so after doing some research on the internet (so as not to kill her off) I decided some cough syrup wouldn't hurt.
So for the last 2 nights I have been giving her cough syrup.

This morning, amazing! She hasn't been this talkative in weeks.

Maybe it was the cough syrup. Maybe it's the allergy pills. Maybe it's because it's been raining, which took the pollen out of the air.

Whatever it was, mom is doing much, much better. At least as far as talking and eating, and not sleeping as much.

But that's for today. Who knows what next week will bring.

She continues to loose weight. The skin on her behind is loose. The nurse commented how mom is so thin, that anywhere she puts the stethoscope on the chest area, she can hear a heartbeat. The nurse confirmed her lungs are clear, which was my main concern.

Everything I have read, talks about the "gurgling sounds" which patients make when the lungs are filling up. They say it often bothers the family, but that it is not painful.

Well, how would they really know this?

I remember when everyone use to say a hook in a fish's mouth didn't hurt them either. I never believed it, and recently there has been a change of opinion about the fish.

Maybe they will change their mind about this also.

I just hope and pray when my mom dies, that it is quick.

Well, forget that pray bit. I'm kind of mad at God. He hasn't answered those other prayers, so I don't know why I would get this one answered.

Now I know why the Greeks had more than one God.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home