Monday, May 11, 2009

Boy do I feel stupid

My mother had problems sleeping after her first stroke.

In the beginning it was because they would wake her every 2 hours in the rehab hospital, so they could take her blood pressure.

Then at the nursing home she had trouble falling asleep, only to be woke at 5:00 AM.
That's right folks.
My mother said "I thought this was called a "rest home", but they sure don't let you rest!"

When I took her home I thought she would then be able to sleep.

No.

Long story, I finally out of desperation started taking her off medications. Finally found out it was the Plavix which kept her awake.

For the last year I have been giving her Benedryl to sleep. I thought it worked. But the other night after I gave her cough syrup instead of Benedryl, I realized she was much "perkier" during the day, so I tried it again.

Sure enough.

I think the Benedryl has the opposite effect on her, which would not be surprising. More on that later.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home