Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day Gathering

Some (not all) of my siblings will come visit Mom for the Memorial Day Holiday.

If it's not raining we will barbecue. My mother continues to enjoy eating, and she quite likes steak, so I think that's what we will cook.

I told my brothers we need to try to "hang out" more in Mom's bedroom and carry on our conversations. This was what I wanted to happen for Mother's Day, but somehow no one "got it".

I can tell my mother understands most everything which is said, but she doesn't really talk.

I am not very good at carrying on a one sided conversation, but when the home health aide is here, I know Mom enjoys listening to our conversations.

So, we will take this opportunity to gather 'round her bed, and probably tell stories from our childhood.

I got my Mom to tell some pretty good stories after she had her stroke, which I might just share.

Every family has it's secrets.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home