Monday, May 25, 2009

"Granny sitter" in car accident

My Thursday "granny sitter" was in a car accident last week. "Granny sitters" are what we call the teenage girls we hired to watch my mom. It's a nice easy term to denote what is required, and the job is generally easier than babysitting.

Anyway, this "granny sitter" had a car accident 2 blocks from my mom's house, as she was going to her next job after leaving here.

She had just bought a new (3 year old) car only 2 weeks before. I expect it's totalled.

She was making a left turn, and was hit by another car.

The intersection is quite dangerous, just a stop sign from one direction, and cars speeding on the street one must turn onto. I will often turn right if the traffic is too heavy, even though I want to go left.

She has a fractured vertebrae and will be in a back brace for 12 weeks.

So I have lost this "granny sitter" for the next couple of months, at least, and my other one is taking a summer job, so I don't know how much she will be able to work.

Anyway, the good news (for me) is one of my brothers is unemployed, so I have him "granny sitting" more often.

And, I am sure to tell everyone who comes, to be careful of that intersection.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home