Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ingrown toenails

My Mother has always had a problem with ingrown toenails.

It's a problem with the nails not growing straight. My sister and her children have this problem, and have had surgery to correct it. It's hereditary, but I don't have this problem (thank goodness).

My Mother never had surgery. She always just put cotton under the corner of her toenail.

A couple of months ago the hospice agency had someone come out to work on her left toenail. I saw the paperwork, it cost $60.00.

Even though it's not my money, I still wanted to keep this from being needed again.

The right foot had the same problem, so when the nurse was here on Monday I explained the problem. I told her what my Mom had always done, and she managed to get cotton under the corner of the toenail.

I had tried to do this, but was not successful. Furthermore, I prefer someone else does a procedure which will "hurt" a little. No reason for me to be the bad guy.

So, I hope it does the trick.

As I have said before, I pretty much just tell the nurse what to do.

Works for me!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home