Friday, April 15, 2011

Things are going well

Yesterday G went to the VA for his coumadin appt. While there he managed to get his new shoes, and get an appointment set with the speech therapist.

He has been busy at home making a schedule for his pills (asking me to write it down in a notebook), and then I set them up in the weekly boxes.

It was a little confusing because some of the pills are different strengths (depending on what they had in stock, I guess), so it was a little confusing. But G knew, and I think we have it figured out.

He goes back on Tuesday for the coumadin clinic. I called transport this morning, and they said they will check his schedule every Monday to see what appointments he has at the VA, and set up transport accordingly. The transport for dialysis is set up for his normal schedule, at the appears to be working OK.

So, it's nice for he and I both that he has at least that much independence from me.

Not sure if I mentioned the new catheter is in his groin area. The first day he just had them cut a hole in his pants, and then I took that pair and another like it to the alteration shop to get a flap sewn over the hole with velcro closure.

I dropped them off Wed. afternoon, they told me would not be ready until Friday afternoon, but then phoned yesterday around 4:30 to say they were ready. So nice.

The weather turned really cold, frost warning for tonight, so I covered up the tomatoe plants I had planted, and put all the other things we bought, not yet planted, in the basement.

Gotta run. G just came home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home