Monday, December 7, 2009

Will Mom's Christmas Cactus bloom?

I brought Mom's Christmas cactus over to my house yesterday.

I think this is one I bought for her last year, as I had managed to kill her old one.

In my defense, I think the plant was more than 15 years old, and wasn't in the best of shape. A little (ok, maybe a lot) of neglect did it in.

Both my Mother and I had Christmas cacti at the same time, for about 10 years. We had an unspoken competition as to who had the most blooms.

I would call and say "my cactus has 2 blooms opened and 6 buds". Sometimes the buds would fall off before they bloomed, and this would be reported in the next call.

It was one of the few things we really had in common.

The cactus looks to have at least 2 buds.

It would be really nice to have a lot of blooms this year. Flowers in December always lifts my spirits.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home