Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Working on the estate

My sister is executor of the estate, but, true to form, she expects me to do much of the work.

My brother is taking Mom's car, but the windshield needed replacing. There was some hail damage earlier in the year, causing some small cracks.

So, my sister asked if I could take it to get it fixed.

I really did it more for my brother (who had helped me the most taking care of Mom), than I did for my sister.

I also somehow was designated the one to store all the photo albums and scrapbooks.
I don't really mind, but, I certainly didn't ask to have them.

What I did ask for were my Mother's wedding and engagement rings. But, again, shock. My sister put them on her finger and they fit! Besides, as she told me, I am not married and she is.

I would have had to get the rings re sized a lot in order to wear them.

Probably one of these days she will get tired of wearing them, but who knows.

I'm not going start a family rift over the rings. Besides, who knows if I would really wear them. I have some really nice rings now, that I never wear.

Better someone wears Mom's rings and enjoys them, than them sitting in a box.

Furthermore, I plan to take all the costume jewelry, some of which is from the 50's. I think I will enjoy wearing those more than the fine jewelry.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home