Friday, November 6, 2009

On with life

Well, the funeral was today. Visitation was last night. My friends, being the wonderful friends that they are showed up. All that could, attended both, which is certainly above the call of duty.

The weather was quite nice. Sunny, warm, a little too windy.

The minister did a fairly nice job with the eulogy, although he tended to abuse his power in the situation, to make all the heathen in the audience feel they were going to hell if they did not immediately ask Jesus to forgive their sins.

My boyfriend got to experience my sister a bit more first hand, and, surprise, surprise, he has concluded that she is actually worse than I have portrayed to him.

I keep trying to convince my boyfriend I am always right. But somehow, he is still often amazed.

And, speaking of my boyfriend. He got out of the hospital Wednesday, had his first out patient dialysis this morning at 6:20 AM. So, he had been up since 5:00 AM, dialysis, rushed home, dressed, family lunch, funeral, cemetery, then more time with the family. Although at times during the day he wasn't feeling well, he stuck it out, and didn't whine.

He sat by me through everything, and was always there trying to do the right thing at all times.

I guess he wants to make sure to stay in my good graces, as appears he might be in need of some "caretaking" someday.

We are taking a drive to the country tomorrow. It will be really nice to not have to rush back to change Mom's diapers.

As much as I will miss her in many ways, that, I will never miss.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home